If you already know that you wish to book in for an assessment session with me, hit the button below now.
- WHAT: providing private, personal psychotherapy, counselling, supervision and coaching for individuals, couples and poly relationships. Confidentiality and discretion assured.
- WHERE: feel free to arrange to visit me, or as some prefer I also offer therapy both national and international via Skype, Zoom, GoogleTalk or other online video chat medium.
- WHEN: at a mutually convenient time for you and I. One hour, between the hours of 10am and 9pm, Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. Weekly or fortnightly.
- WHY: focusing on self-development and personal growth. Dealing with pattern repeating, childhood issues, bereavement and loss, sexuality, sexual issues and sexual trauma, gender issues, anger, anxiety, depression, stress and relationships. Also adult/diversity/situational struggles.
- APPROACH: I utilize tools within our sessions as appropriate and useful for you. I work from an Integrative perspective, coming from a psycho-dynamically trained background but pulling on specific tools and resources that I prefer to incorporate from other theories, dependent on individual client needs. Psycho-education, equipping you with understanding, skills, techniques and strategies. Other skills/tools at my disposal may be offered if appropriate or relevant to a particular client.
- VOLUNTARY WORK: I provided Counselling on a voluntary basis on behalf of the charity M.I.N.D. for two years. I still do some pro-bono work for appropriate clients.
- PATREON: I also run a Patreon https://www.patreon.com/dkleather (please become a Patron and help fund this vital work) so that I can offer part-bursary paid places for those less privileged by virtue of gender, sexuality, ability, race.
- SUPERVISION: Private (three weekly) supervision provides somewhere for the therapist to discuss or seek advice from their peers. It is recommended within industry guidelines for both your protection, and mine. Note: supervisory conversations are kept 100% confidential and anonymous.
- TRAINING: I am a firm believer in C.P.D. (continuous professional development) This means I continue with training courses and further, ongoing training in as many areas as I can manage to fit in. For example I completed an excellent, very useful 40 hour bereavement counselling course. I have completed many additional training courses; for example mental health awareness, self harm, trauma in the body, etc. I also completed the two year PGDip (Post Graduate Diploma) in GSRD (Gender, sexuality, relationship diversities) with Pink Therapy.
- OTHER SKILLS: additional studies in N.L.P. (neuro-linguistic programming), life coaching and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy. Useful, additional skills in my tool-kit for assisting you to overcome your personal challenges. I’ve even taught clients to meditate!
- DIVERSITY: some topics are traditionally shied away from during counselling. Clients are concerned that they may be judged or deemed having a ‘problem’ when discussing certain topics. For the record I have a thorough grasp and familiar grounding within the following adult topics, therefore you need not worry that your ‘issue’ is something I might not understand. Polyamory, spirituality, transgender, tantra, kink, role-play or power exchange. Intersectionality within complexities of culture, physical ability, health, and neuro-diversity are also well within my fields of experience. If in doubt that your particular challenge is something I’d be willing to help you with, please feel free to just ask.
- SPIRITUALITY: those who know me from elsewhere will testify that I have a certain level of spiritual understanding (not religion). My experiences of spirituality include a fundamental understanding and practice of meditation, shamanism, paganism, and Tarot as a life path progression and personal developmental tool, and more. For some people this is irrelevant. I include it here because for many it is relevant. Ask for more information.